A notification of admission letter is a letter written to inform a particular student that he or she has been selected and approved of for gaining admission in a particular institution. Admission notification letters are typically written to college-going students, that is, students who are looking to start college or to study in a new college. Such letters are congratulatory letters and are a lot like college acceptance letters. However, admission letters also inform the students of more important details and are more formal than college acceptance letters.
Some tips to write a good notification letter of admission:
- Always congratulate the individual on his admission. Admissions are always a big deal for students, and a congratulatory note always establishes a much-appreciated rapport.
- Be clear with the details you want the student to know. Be concise and keep the letter short. Attach a brochure or document if necessary.
Notification Letter of Admission Sample
A sample notification letter of admission:
Subject: Notification of admission
We’re pleased to inform you that you’re now officially a student of St. Agnes’ College. We wish you all the best for the year to come!
In order to make the rules and regulations a bit clearer to all our new students, we have attached a prospectus to help them understand these better. Among the rules, the following are to be abided by at all costs:
- The students may remain absent for only four lectures of each subject per month.
- The student is not allowed to enter the classroom if he or she is later than 10 minutes for class.
- The student may use the cell phone in and around the recreation area in the college premises but not during the lectures.
- Peddling any kind of substances, cassettes, CDs or drinks is strictly prohibited.
- The identification cards handed out to every student should be worn on the student’s person for as long as the student is on campus.
These are the basic rules which all our students are expected to follow and abide by. We hope you won’t find any trouble getting around our campus—but just in case you do, please also find attached a complimentary map of the entire college and a comprehensive lsit of the various facilities available to our dear students.
Welcome to St. Agnes’ College!
_______ [Name and designation]