The objective of writing this letter is to share someone’s performance with them in writing or in person. Through this letter, a person can ascertain about his performance in a professional environment or in academic environment. These letters are generally considered as performance letters in professional environment. For an employee an appraisal letter is a ladder for his success which also determines his increment.
Few tips need to be considered for writing an effective appraisal letter:
- First and foremost, it is vital to write the letter with professionalism keeping in mind the performance and other criteria of an employee.
- Tone of the letter should be formal and polite.
- Wordings of the letter should be such that it expresses your professionalism and the employee should also feel contended after reading the same.
- Letter should be brief and concise.
- Once you are through writing the letter, please recheck the same for spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
Appraisal Letter Sample
Mr. Richard Thomson
Date (Date on which letter is written)
Sub: Performance Appraisal
It is a privilege for me to write this letter to you. Employees like you who work with sheer dedication are an asset to the organization. I am feeling very proud to mention that company has decided to give you a raise in your salary by 35%. I have gone through your performance chard and was surprised to see that you have always achieved your target well on time and sometimes even exceeded the same also.
Your increment will be effective from 7th of next month and I am forwarding this copy of appraisal letter to the payroll department also. If you have any doubts regarding your increment, please feel free to meet me in person.