Sample Cover letter for Accounting Manager
There are four important things your cover letter should cover like applying for which position, name of company, references and destination of job. All these things make letter complete and can take you step further towards the job.
(Write your name and address)
714 Mesa Drive
(Write Employer’s name and address)
WPS Resources Corporation
710 Richland Avenue
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
Please consider this as a letter of interest for the Accounting Manager position advertised in CollegeRecruiter . I have the required work experience and skills related to the work and I would like the opportunity to develop skills acquired over the past few years.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Directed accounting supervisor and 5 staff accountants/specialists in the preparation of financial statements and expense analysis in a master/feeder structure.
- Organized and directed Valuation Committee meetings.
- Reviewed financial data for reporting to Board of Directors, including Fair Value backtesting statistics.
- Coordinated due diligence visits to vendors at request of Board of Directors; findings and recommendations submitted to the Board.
- Developed procedures to ensure investments were in compliance with prospectus and statement of additional information (SAI) guidelines, resulting in a revision of investment restrictions as stated in the SAI.
- Creatted written procedures and checklists for financial reporting and compliance purposes, ensuring standardized procedures to be performed by staff.
- Taught and creatted industry specific training classes on a quarterly basis for staff and management.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I enthusiastically look forward to contribute my knowledge and experience into practice. I plan to call you next week to answer any questions that you may have. You can feel free to contact me for any clarifications required. Thanks a lot for your consideration.