Sample Cover letter for Applications Programmer
Understand the way of writing cover letter for Applications Programmer by viewing the sample letter mentioned below. Good English, good format and good content are the three important factors which must be there in your letter.
(Write your name and address)
4168 Round Table Drive
(Write Employer’s name and address)
203 Kelley Road
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I read about the job opening from CareerBuilder , and I am very excited to apply for the position of Applications Programmer . I have the privilege to work in this field for last few years. I would bring in my valuable work experience and job skills by joining your company at this Applications Programmer .
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Worked on development and support of database system for customers in the motor trade, using Perl, shell script (ksh, Bash) and Unibase (proprietary relational database system) operating under Unix & Linux.
- Responsibilities and achievements included:
- Maintenance, support and testing of accounts software suite.
- Maintenance of the Payroll software suite, including implementation of electronic submission to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Maintenance and improvement of vehicle sales software, including automated nominal ledger postings.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I enthusiastically look forward to contribute my knowledge and experience into practice. I plan to call you next week to answer any questions that you may have. You can feel free to contact me for any clarifications required. Thanks a lot for your consideration.