Sample Cover letter for Columnist
What can a bad cover letter do for you? It will create a block to your entry in the firm. With the below mentioned sample cover letter for Columnist you would get clear idea about the ingredients to be included in the letter.
(Write your name and address)
4881 Ferry Street
(Write Employer’s name and address)
95 Rhapsody Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am thankful to the Net-Temps.com as because of it I could make out the vacancy for the Columnist post in location. If I get a chance to work in a reputed firm like Quintiles Transnational then I would definitely make efforts to prove myself.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Standpoint magazine is a political and cultural magazine published monthly both in the UK and internationally.
- I have had many articles published in Standpoint magazine including book reviews and several opinion pieces.
- I now have a column called in which I comment on the internet its effect on journalism and politics and what the hot topics on blogs have been.
- As web editor I upload each new issue of the magazine manage the weblogs of our resident bloggers post updates of the website on Twitter and moderate and upload all of the user comments.
- I also continue to carry out many of the editorial tasks listed below including proofing and editing the other articles in the magazine.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
By this cover letter just wanted to give rough idea about my skills and ability to work hard. Waiting for your interview call so that you can personally meet and decide my potential to get the post or not.