Sample Cover letter for Copy Editor
Here is the sample letter which can guide you in writing cover letter in a professional manner. Follow this template and prepare the striking letter for Copy Editor so that you can easily get the signal of interview.
(Write your name and address)
1286 Michigan Avenue
(Write Employer’s name and address)
PNM Resources Inc
4574 Giraffe Hill Drive
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am applying in response to your advertisement published in Jobing.com in regards to Copy Editor position for your office at Pittsburgh . I am interested in working in this position with your company and believe that my employment and education meets the required criteria for this position.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- by comparing typeset galleys to copyedited manuscripts,
- Or cold read for errors and sense without comparison.
- Make corrections using standard proofreader?s marks
- according to original style sheet and Chicago Manual
- Of Style. Query or correct errors or inconsistencies.
- Check typesetting and page layout of text, headings,
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I would appreciate your consideration for this job opening as I believe that my skills are a suitable match for the job’s requirements. I appreciate your taking the time for reviewing my credentials. Please feel free to get in touch with me for any clarifications required.