Sample Cover letter for Editor
Good cover letter is all about mentioning your skills in short and simple language which catches the attention of employer. Applying for Editor needs you to have good project handling tactics and this criterion should be present in your cover letter.
(Write your name and address)
2097 Lightning Point Drive
(Write Employer’s name and address)
4393 Lynch Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
As mentioned in the Net-Temps.com about the vacancy for Editor I am keen to work with your company, Comerica Inc. at Memphis. I think I can cope up with the educational requirement mainly because of the work experience that I possess.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Writing topical news articles for an online tax treaties news service on a daily basis.
- Project managing tax journals from manuscript stage to final delivery on a monthly basis.
- Writing and commissioning relevant and topical content for each journal.
- Highlighting key opportunities for product development and writing proposals related thereto.
- Copyediting, proofreading and formatting articles in accordance with house-style requirements.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I am looking forward to join your company where I can make major contributions leading to growth to company and personal growth. Please inform me about the possibility of arranging the interview for me. I will call you in next few days to confirm the interview details.