Sample Cover letter for Firefighter
While applying for Firefighter you might have to face lot of competition and to stay in competition your first step would be preparing striking cover letter. Your cover letter should have ability of hitting the dart to the point.
(Write your name and address)
4804 Plainfield Avenue
(Write Employer’s name and address)
2422 Rosemont Avenue
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
Knowing about placements carried on by Primedia Inc at location, I was very much pleased as was waiting for this opportunity since long time. I came to know about the vacancy via JobFox.com for the Firefighter post.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Fire inspector for 19 forward operating bases in Northeast Afghanistan.
- Responsible for base fire prevention assessments as well as Fire warden and fire extinguisher training for the US Army personnel assigned to the base.
- All records are compiled in a central database and tracked.
- Fulfills all ordering requirements for bases inspected and the tracking of those orders.
- Brought in as part of a 10 man team to augment the Fire protection flight while the Active duty Air Force members were deployed to Southwest Asia.
- Charged with educating new members with their upgrade training and first line maintenance of the assigned vehicles.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I would appreciate an opportunity to confirm the interview details. I will contact you by phone next week to confirm the possible interview time and date. I would like to thank you for your time and consideration in advance.