Sample Cover letter for General Engineer
Why is it important to write good cover letter? Basically it creates good impression in the mind of reader and can help in marking yourself different from other candidates. There is lot of competition for General Engineer and to strive in such competition you need to start with good cover letter.
(Write your name and address)
1927 Wilkinson Street
(Write Employer’s name and address)
139 Adamsville Road
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I read about your advertisement in JobFox.com regarding the General Engineer for your office at Lyles . I would like to join Conectiv, Inc in this position. I am sure that my skills are suited to your needs perfectly.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Ordering and preparing equipment at wellsite and logistics management at base
- Ensuring successful job execution (real-time monitoring of drilling operations to achieve optimal drilling performance)
- Cooperating with wellsite leaders, drilling engineers, drillers, logistics department at wellsite; drilling managers,
- Preparing FPWD logging program with client for every StethoScope run
- Supervising, mentoring, breaking out junior engineers at wellsite, managing their activities, conducting audits
- Providing prompt and efficient reporting to clients and Schlumberger team
- Perform training sessions for junior engineers
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
Call me up for any more details related to my previous work or education. Either you can call me or mail me. Thank you for considering me as appropriate person for interview.