Sample Cover letter for Geographer
Understand the way of writing cover letter for Geographer by viewing the sample letter mentioned below. Good English, good format and good content are the three important factors which must be there in your letter.
(Write your name and address)
1153 Ferry Street
(Write Employer’s name and address)
149 B Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am applying for the Geographer position mentioned in the classified ad in JobFox.com .I am working at this position and possess many years of work experience. I believe that my work profile and responsibilities are similar to the position you have advertised. I believe my skills matches with the job requirements well.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Coordinated federal, state, and local agency referral comments and applicant responses under specified County and State statutory timelines
- Negotiated proffers (cash contributions from the applicant) with rezoning applications and wrote conditions of approval for special exception applications
- Reviewed land use applications (rezonings, conditional use) for compliance with Collier County´s Growth Management Plan (GMP) as part of the land use review process
- Presented land use applications before the Collier County Planning Commission and the Board of County Commissioners
- Presided in pre-application meetings for the purpose of providing guidance to an applicant about the allowable
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I look forward to hearing from you further about what my eligibility and credentials for working at Geographer for your office at $location. I will contact you next week to confirm if we can arrange for the interview. Thanks a lot for your kind consideration.