Sample Cover letter for Geologist
What kind of cover letter does employer demands for Geologist? They basically do not need lengthy letter as they do not have to go through wide information of every letter. So keep it short yet informative. Do not skip some of the important information like experience, project handled by you, solutions provided by you, educational achievements, etc.
(Write your name and address)
4228 Walt Nuzum Farm Road
(Write Employer’s name and address)
2964 Bird Spring Lane
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
Experience which I possess can work well with your requirement of candidate. From Indeed.com when I came to know about the vacancy for Geologist I was jumping with joy. Being part of Abbott Laboratories in Penfield can highly work in my favor.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Witnessing: exploratory wells to completion. Synthesis of Formation and reservoir pressure analysis, Wire-line,
- MWD/LWD and Geosteering data, Geological logs, Liaising and planning with clients and service company rep’s, interpretation of Drilling plans, offset wells correlation, Drill data evaluation, recognition of:
- Hydrocarbons Oil and gas, Coal and gas, cuttings and coring lithologies,
- Formation boundaries and casing points. Preparation and dispatch: cuttings and cores, inventories, Daily geological and End of Well Reports QA/QC, data logs,
- Appraisal of Third party task performance. Observant of Health and safety regulations, Stop Card procedures and Daily drilling/safety meetings.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I have heard a lot about company’s excellence towards work and I am expecting to reach towards with my ability of working. Lend me this opportunity and I won’t let you down. Kindly respond the date and timing of the meeting.