Sample Cover letter for Graduate School
While applying for Graduate School you might have to face lot of competition and to stay in competition your first step would be preparing striking cover letter. Your cover letter should have ability of hitting the dart to the point.
(Write your name and address)
1440 Cimmaron Road
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Astoria Financial Corporation
1946 Grant View Drive
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
As per the recommendation from the mutual acquaintance in regards to the Graduate School position available with Astoria Financial Corporation , I would like to forward my resume. Please consider my enclosed resume. I have the necessary work experience and education required for the job.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Responsible for coordinating a comprehensive Skills Development Training Programme to PhD students (around 80 sessions per academic year).
- Liaise with both internal and external professional trainers to discuss course content and check availability.
- Book trainers, venues, catering and any necessary audio-visual equipment.
- Organise hotel accommodation and travel for the trainers, if required.
- Responsible for all financial processing within the In-House finance system and monitor expenditure on training and all other aspects of the Graduate School.
- Supervise the organisation of the annual Postgraduate conference.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
There are many things to learn in life and it would be my pleasure to work with reputed name like your company. I am expecting the arrangement of meeting as soon as possible to carry out discussion related to work.