Sample Cover letter for Librarian
Two important things which you need to mark out while writing cover letter among which one is informative content and other is good English with zero grammatical errors. With this you will find it easy to avail the Librarian.
(Write your name and address)
2505 Fire Access Road
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Packaging Corp. of America
981 Sharon Lane
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am writing in reply to the advertisement as published in Jobing.com in regards to the Librarian position at your office in Advance . I am a team player and believe my dynamic attitude towards work would be a great aid to your company.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Ordering of books, subscriptions, materials and library resources while managing budget and administration.
- Completing information enquiries and subsequent literature sourcing on request.
- Teaching staff and students information literacy and its applications.
- Attending relevant information industry seminars and lectures
- Classification & Cataloguing of resources into “ALICE” library management system to 21 and AACR2 standards.
- Re-shelving and maintenance of library collection and facilities.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I will be waiting for your reply and hope it would be positive. In the coming week will make a call to know more about the day, date, venue and timing of the interview. Thank you is the last thing which I can say for delivering your precious time.