Sample Cover letter for Machinist
What kind of cover letter does employer demands for Machinist? They basically do not need lengthy letter as they do not have to go through wide information of every letter. So keep it short yet informative. Do not skip some of the important information like experience, project handled by you, solutions provided by you, educational achievements, etc.
(Write your name and address)
3695 Valley Drive
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Analog Devices, Inc.
4893 Hamill Avenue
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
Source I came to know that you need candidate with proper experience background for Machinist and I can match up with your requirement. Firstly for me thinking about working in Analog Devices, Inc. located in Philadelphia is in itself a great thing.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Fabricated parts and tooling for government prototype projects
- Responsible for machine maintenance plant wide
- Obtained federal secret security clearance
- Operated lathes, mills, and various other machine shop tools on a daily basis
- Consulted with engineering department for prototype development on a daily basis
- Served as a member on an industry solutions team
- Facilitated the manufacturing of prototypes
- Manufactured various parts on prototrak milling machine
- Operated and maintained conventional lathes and machinery
- Designed and fabricated specialized tools as needed
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
Initially I would like to understand the type of work done by people here in order to get in to the skin of work. With complete dedication and hard work I will try to enhance my career as well as growth of the company.