Sample Cover letter for Managing Editor
Cover letter should be written keeping in the mind the reader point of view. Your employer is busy person and does have time to view your letter only so always keep the letter simple and talk to the point. This will assist in gaining the confidence of employer for achieving Managing Editor.
(Write your name and address)
1317 Midway Road
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Cenex Harvest States Cooperatives
4170 Fulton Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
As mentioned in your recent Advertisement in CollegeRecruiter , I am interested in the Managing Editor at Ozark . I have enclosed my resume along with this cover letter for your consideration. My resume also lists the professional experience and qualifications.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Writing topical news articles for an online tax treaties news service on a daily basis.
- Project managing tax journals from manuscript stage to final delivery on a monthly basis.
- Writing and commissioning relevant and topical content for each journal.
- Highlighting key opportunities for product development and writing proposals related thereto.
- Copyediting, proofreading and formatting articles in accordance with house-style requirements.
- Ensuring schedules and quarterly budgets are adhered to.
- Attending/contributing to meetings, courses and conferences hosted by Tax and Legal Firms alike.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I would appreciate your consideration for this job opening as I believe that my skills are a suitable match for the job’s requirements. I appreciate your taking the time for reviewing my credentials. Please feel free to get in touch with me for any clarifications required.