Sample Cover letter for Merchandising Operation Manager
Common mistake done by job seekers while applying for Merchandising Operation Manager are that they pay more attention on reviving resume rather than cover letter. Resume plays vital role but cover letter is not far behind as it will assist you in becoming eligible for interview.
(Write your name and address)
4545 Hall Valley Drive
(Write Employer’s name and address)
2889 Riverside Drive
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am applying in response to your advertisement published in Monster.com in regards to Merchandising Operation Manager position for your office at Saint Marys . I am interested in working in this position with your company and believe that my employment and education meets the required criteria for this position.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Driving a loss-making business into substantial profit within 2 years, whilst .
- I was on the Board we effectively rebuilt the company after years of unsatisfactory administration.
- I revamped range construction, promoted offshore sourcing improving margins by more than 20%, identified and sold off nearly half a million obsolete garments whilst managing a portfolio of 5,000 live SKUs, ensuring any potential overbuys were managed out effectively within each season.
- Responsible for buying Â£7 million entire Brand lingerie and swimwear ranges annually,
- I drove importation costs down by approx Â£150,000 per year with better forecasting techniques to minimise airfreight.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
By this cover letter just wanted to give rough idea about my skills and ability to work hard. Waiting for your interview call so that you can personally meet and decide my potential to get the post or not.