Sample Cover letter for Patent Attorney
Like while writing article its summary plays important role, similarly while applying for job, along with resume cover letter plays equal important role. The Patent Attorney is very competitive in nature, and so have a look at the sample letter before preparing the final cover letter.
(Write your name and address)
1651 Raintree Boulevard
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.
2813 Jerry Toth Drive
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
My work experience was demanding some great job and I cannot get any better job profile as mentioned by Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. at Richmond via Simply Hired . Applying for Patent Attorney is completely pleasure for me.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Actively participated in the identification of employee-generated inventions.
- Implemented a cost-effective review of worldwide patents and applications seeking to maintain patents of strategic importance while abandoning those which possessed minimal value.
- Spearheaded an EPO opposition against a competitor´s commercialized patent which led to invalidity of the patent and a multi-million dollar savings in potential licensing royalties.
- Collaborated with research and development to engineer around competitors´ patents to avoid expensive litigation, complex and disruptive to the business.
- Additionally, coordinated with outside counsel to prepare and review noninfringement/invalidity opinions
- Built and maintained strong and trusted relationships with business and research clients. Consistently received positive work reviews.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I would appreciate your consideration for this job opening as I believe that my skills are a suitable match for the job’s requirements. I appreciate your taking the time for reviewing my credentials. Please feel free to get in touch with me for any clarifications required.