Sample Cover letter for Production Editor
If you want to rule the position of Production Editor and your first step would be writing good cover letter along with resume. The cover letter is your mini bio data which would assist the employer to determine your working ability.
(Write your name and address)
4680 Kooter Lane
(Write Employer’s name and address)
H.B. Fuller Company
4856 Buena Vista Avenue
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am forwarding my resume for your kind consideration in regards to Production Editor position with H.B. Fuller Company at Oakboro . I believe that I would be able to perform well with my dynamic attitude and team building skills.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- To fit layouts and meet required word counts
- To ensuring competition and free gift laws are met
- Keeping track of copy and proof flow
- Liaising with advertising and marketing departments
- Organising cover-mounted DVD contents in the absence of a disc editor
- Hiring and managing freelance production staff
- Ran the magazines Hardware section
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my education and experience with you. I will soon contact you via phone or email to discuss the possibility of arranging an interview. I would like to thank you for your consideration and time in this regard.