Sample Cover letter for Proofreader
What can a bad cover letter do for you? It will create a block to your entry in the firm. With the below mentioned sample cover letter for Proofreader you would get clear idea about the ingredients to be included in the letter.
(Write your name and address)
2006 Hillside Street
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Archer Daniels Midland Company
2059 College View
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
According to your advertisement in JobCentral.com , I would like to apply for the position of Proofreader at Phoenix . As I have been working in the same domain around five years I have acquired good skills related to the above mentioned job profile.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Proofread and edit different types of material for the advertising agencies of Y&R (Young & Rubicam) and Swirl, the Art and Packaging Department of Abbott Diabetes Care Inc., the Creative Services Department of FICO (Fair Isaac Corporation) and the Print Production department of The North Face, among others
- Responsible for proofreading and copy editing different types of material for Y&R clients such as Chevron, Dell, and Blue Shield
- Responsible for accuracy of grammar and spelling and adherence to style and regulatory requirements for Abbott Diabetes Care, using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Proofread case studies, product sheets, fact sheets, white papers, and other collateral material for FICO, using Adobe Acrobat
- Proofread and edit seasonal catalogs for The North Face using Adobe Acrobat and web-based software
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I am expecting an arrangement of meeting in a coming week in order to carry out the interview session. Kindly let me know the date and timing via email or by telephoning. Thank you for denoting precious time.