Sample Cover letter for Senior Attorney
While carrying on job hunting campaign, see to it that you are ready with attractive cover letter along with resume as this is vital part of passing for interview purpose. Some of the jobs like Senior Attorney require you to be quiet alert as there is chance of facing huge amount of competition.
(Write your name and address)
1477 Harter Street
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Manor Care Inc.
2837 Mill Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am submitting my resume for your consideration with regard to Senior Attorney position with Manor Care Inc. at Dayton . My previous experiences and educational background have prepared me well to perform the required duties.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Recruited to manage substantial volume of patent infringement and other business/commercial litigation filed against the company; organized and directed teams of in-house legal personnel and outside trial and patent counsel.
- Educated other attorneys in patent and trademark litigation, trade secret cases, antitrust matters.
- Led a team of litigation attorneys, patent lawyers, and litigation paralegals; provided legal guidance to a research group of 12 scientists and 8 project managers.
- Dealt with environmental, permitting, industrial hygiene and safety matters with a team of 6 risk management personnel.
- Served as an advisor to management on FDA and other regulatory/business issues
- Advised HR on employment law and work place issues and directed EEO investigations
- Negotiated and drafted contracts, IP licenses, joint venture greements and non-disclosure agreements,
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my education and experience with you. I will soon contact you via phone or email to discuss the possibility of arranging an interview. I would like to thank you for your consideration and time in this regard.