Sample Cover letter for Staff Accountant
Say big no to grammatical errors in cover letter as it will spoil your image in front of employer. Cover letter is meant for making you noticeable in front of so many candidates for Staff Accountant so make sure you prepare professional letter with the help of the sample letter given below.
(Write your name and address)
3699 Holt Street
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Linens ‘n Things Inc.
1663 Hope Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
As I read your ad in Monster.com , I believe that possess the experience and characteristics you are seeking for. Please find my resume enclosed with this cover letter for your consideration.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Composed and posted journal entries pertaining to month-end close.
- Researched and resolved budget vs. actual variances prior to month-end close.
- Assisted department managers in troubleshooting income statement issues.
- Reconciled bank statements and general ledger accounts.
- Participated in quarterly/yearly audits conducted by internal/external auditors.
- Audited bi-annual departmental physical inventory counts.
- Completed federal and state tax returns for a corporation with multiple non-profit entities.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
Looking forward to get in touch with you so that we can have an interview session. This will give you basic idea about my talent and style of working. I am sure you won’t get disappointed. Thank you for putting in your time and effort.