Sample Cover letter for Technical Writer
Cover letter speaks on your behalf with employer and so it is important to make it content oriented. There is lot of competition for Technical Writer and so it is essential to be prepared from your side before going for an interview.
(Write your name and address)
3557 Reel Avenue
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Yum Brands Inc.
4618 Bastin Drive
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I’m very keen to apply for this Technical Writer position with Yum Brands Inc.. I am sure that my education and employment background matches well with your position.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Creating and updating user manuals for the assigned projects according to documentation requirements and standards.
- Converting them into PDF, HTML and other formats.
- Creating Installation and Getting Started Guides for the products.
- Documenting products/applications related to Server Administration and Management.
- Testing the products/applications for the bugs and fixing them to ensure that the product is documented properly.
- Suggesting necessary changes and possible improvements.
- Creating online tutorials and FAQ guides.
- Working on predefined templates set by the organization.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
Kindly let me know the date suitable to you for the interview purpose so that you can make out my strength towards the required work. It’s grateful for me that you took time for going through my letter.