Sample Cover letter for UNIX Engineer
In totality cover letter is all about mentioning your skills in a convincing manner which can allow reader to judge your ability to hold the UNIX Engineer. Along with your skills you also need to mention the reference as well the position you are applying for.
(Write your name and address)
3170 Oakdale Avenue
(Write Employer’s name and address)
MGIC Investment Corporation
3936 Cameron Road
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
Working for MGIC Investment Corporation is what almost every individual aims for and when I heard about the vacancy via Simply Hired for UNIX Engineer I did not even wasted a minute to apply for this job. Another benefit which I felt was that even the mentioned location that is Tampa is quiet convenient for me in terms of travelling.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- In charge of Unix Engineering responsibilities, guiding Unix technology and involved in day-to-day support issues at large multi-national bank, and a leading North-East US based insurance company
- Instructor of VERITAS Unix products including Volume Manager, File System and Cluster Server
- System Administrator / Support Engineer with 12 years experience in IT support and deployment
- Excellent Communication Skills and good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, open to new ideas and excited about learning new technologie
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
Kindly let me know the date suitable to you for the interview purpose so that you can make out my strength towards the required work. It’s grateful for me that you took time for going through my letter.