Sample Cover letter for Construction Vice President
If you want to rule the position of Construction Vice President and your first step would be writing good cover letter along with resume. The cover letter is your mini bio data which would assist the employer to determine your working ability.
(Write your name and address)
3408 Bagwell Avenue
(Write Employer’s name and address)
2526 Beeghley Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am obliged to YAHOO! HotJobs as from there I came to know about the placements going on in Guidant Corporation for the position of Construction Vice President . The region of work and the location that is Gainesville is also quite comfortable for me.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Market company to Developers, Subcontractors, Architects and Home owners and obtain signed contracts
- Oversee work crews and subcontractors on multiple projects
- Control building permits
- Ensure that all resources are in place for start of contract
- Establish site performance parameters and ensure communication to supervisors, contractors and sub-contractors
- Oversee purchase of material (saved company 10% on bottom line by negotiating better deals with suppliers)
- Execute any change orders and communicate any alteration to completion time of the project
- Control all costs related to projects ( contributed 5% to bottom line )
- Liaise with contractor, sub-contractor, architect, homeowners, developers and building inspectors to ensure a successful contract completion.
- Ensure compliance to OSHA, California building code and building regulations
- Develop new markets and new business
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
There are many things to learn in life and it would be my pleasure to work with reputed name like your company. I am expecting the arrangement of meeting as soon as possible to carry out discussion related to work.