Sample Cover letter for Wait Staff
Common mistake done by job seekers while applying for Wait Staff are that they pay more attention on reviving resume rather than cover letter. Resume plays vital role but cover letter is not far behind as it will assist you in becoming eligible for interview.
(Write your name and address)
4001 Summit Street
(Write Employer’s name and address)
3433 Better Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
Acquiring job in Torchmark Corporation at Davenport for the Wait Staff is the great thing in itself as everyone knows about the opportunity provided by this company. I am thankful to the JobCentral.com as through them I came to know about the vacancy and job profile.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Customer services: Greets all customers helpfully and courteously. Gives customer information about products.
- Basic food preparation, i.e. vegetables, salad.
- Food services: prepares counters and dining areas for services. Preparation setting out off condiments. Services of hot and cold food and beverages.
- Cleaning/washing up: Clearing down after services.
- Washing up of crockery, cutlery, glassware, utensils, etc, as required, either via automatic dish washer or hand sinks.
- The Essentials of Health and Safety Certificate course, food and hygienic as well.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I earnestly look forward to put my knowledge and work experience into practice. I will contact you in following days for confirming that you have received my resume. Please contact me for any questions that you might have. Thanks a lot for your consideration.