Professional farewell are usually written by the employees or subordinates to their respective boss. This is written along with a reminder in respect to their resignation. This kind of letter states every vital followings which is needed. Moreover the professional farewell letters states every vital followings with certain formalities if needed. This kind of letter mentions every details of the employee as well as the dates of notice period which is being served.
Table of Contents
Professional Farewell Letters Writing Tips:
- Dues should be mentioned – While writing such farewell letters, one should mention all the dues for making further references.
- Leaving an email message – Before leaving the office or company, the writer leaves an email having the farewell message to all the co-workers. This results for them to know that the writer is going to resign or move out of the office.
- Including a contact number – While writing a professional farewell letter, the writer should mention his or her contact number for staying in touch.
- Be short and simple – During writing such letter, one should keep it short and simple. Lengthy explanations should be avoided.
- Do not mention sufficient basics – As the professional farewell letter would be kept under a permanent file, so it would be better to not mention too many basics.
- Mentioning a positive reason – The first preference for writing professional farewell letter, a person should mention a valid and positive cause for leaving the company or office.
- Provision of contact number – Giving contact number or an email address is a must for such kinds of farewell letters.
- Being thankful – Thanking the boss and the other employees for the opportunities being provided to the writer.
- Should not vent – When a person is writing a professional farewell letter, he or she should not express the feelings on a forceful manner.
- A notice period should also be provided in the professional farewell letter.
Professional Farewell Letters Template
_________ (Name of the recipient)
__________ (Name of the office)
__________ (Address of the office)
__________ (City/State/Zip Code)
Please accept my resignation letter from my position as ________ (present position) which is to be effective from ______ (date). I too have scheduled my resignation from your office a month advance. This would permit me for adequate time for finishing my ongoing work and then my successor would prepare well for taking over my position.
I have provided a position as _____ (preferred job title), a position which would give me a better opportunity for my future.
I heartily tank you and this organization for support and co-operation. It was truly a wonderful experience working here. I am providing my contact number xxxxxxxxxx, but my email address would be same. So if you wish to contact me, then you can call me anytime.
__________ (Name of writer)
Professional Farewell Letters Sample, Email and Example/Format
7th August 2013
63B, Jhowtalla Road,
As this organization has accepted my resignation letter which was dated 7th June 2013, today is my last working day in this company. However I have already served a notice period of two months which was mentioned in the rules of the organization.
I would be joining Fortis Company Limited as a Project Manager on the 1st September 2013. Every formalities of the HR have been cleared out along with follow ups. I have handed the locker keys to Mr. Avery.
In case of any query, you can contact me at 0091987654321. However my personal email address is the same.
Professional farewell letters are written by the subordinates to the boss with a reminder of their resignation. Letter states all the important followings along with the formalities if required. The letter mentions all the employee details along with the dates of the notice period which is served. All the other dues are mentioned for further references along with the letter.
As this company has accepted my resignation letter dated 7th June’2010, today is my last day for attending this organization. I have served a notice period of two months as mentioned in the company’s rules.
I will be joining Heads and Toes Company Ltd as a Senior Project Manager on 15th August’2010. All the HR formalities have been cleared and the follow ups have been passed on to Mr. Ervin Avery. The locker keys are handed over to Mr. abed as per your instructions. All the latest order lists have been passed on to Ms. Leola Bridges and need to be executed as per the deadlines.
In case of any other emergencies feel free to call me on my new cell number 009123456789. My personal email address is the same, so kindly mail me if required.
Professional Farewell Letters Generator
Try our letter generator to write professional, concise and quality letters within seconds.