Resignation letters are usually written when one is resigning from an organization or a company. In this kind of letter the writer tells about the last day of working. Moreover the writer should also thank his or her boss for every kinds of support. However a resignation letter too mentions the latest contact number of the writer with a latest resistance address.
Table of Contents
Resignation Letters Writing Tips:
- Do not vent – While writing resignation letters one should not express his or her feelings forcefully.
- Do not show hatred – If a person hates his or her job, then it is better to not say it.
- Include a valid reason – If a person is resigning for certain positive situations, such as going back to college or relocating, then it can be fine to mention the reason. But if one is taking resignation because the job is bad, then it is better to not mention the gory situations. Hence these reasons should be kept inside oneself.
- Should not comprise of adequate basics – A resignation letter will be placed in to a permanent file, so it is better that it does not contain too much basics.
- Offering help – It is however feasible for providing assistance during the transition period. This kind of offer would not be accepted, but can be appreciated.
- Keeping it brief – The resignation letter should be to the point and brief. There is no need for writing lengthy explanations regarding the purpose of resigning.
- Mentioning a contact number – A phone number as well as email address should be mentioned in the resignation letter, where the writer can be contacted.
- A resignation letter should comprise of the fact which a person is resigning along with the last day of work.
- It is also important for thanking the employer for the chances they had given to the writer as well.
Resignation Letters Template
_______________ (Name of sender)
______________ (Name of office)
______________ (Address of office)
______________ (City/State/Zip Code)
I am writing this letter for my resignation from the position of _______ (present position), from ________ (name of the office). It would be however effective from _________ (date). However I have scheduled my resignation from the office a month from now onwards. This would permit me adequate time for my successor to prepare well regarding my position.
I would also want to thank you and my colleagues for the wonderful assistance, support and professional courtesy. I have tremendously enjoyed working in this office as _______ (present position) for the past one year.
I would give you my contact number very soon but my email address will remain the same.
Resignation Letters Sample, Email and Example/Format
7th August, 2013
211/A, D.H Colony,
This is for informing you that I would be resigning from the position of administrative manager from Monotoxin Corporation. My last day of work in office will be 31st August, 2013. I would be also finishing the notice period. I too had mentioned each and every leave dates of the Power Resources department. In addition I would be taking leave as soon as possible.
I would also like to thank you for your kind support as well as co-ordination for all the following years. I really cherish for those times spend in this organization. I would have never reached to my goal without your co-operation.
I would be sending you my new number as soon as I receive them. After that I will mail you my latest address when I transfer to my new house. However my personal email address will not change.
Resignation letters are written when a person is resigning from a company. In this letter the writer mentions the last working day and also thanks the boss for all the support. A resignation letter also mentions the new contact number along with the new residence address if any.
27th April’ 2010
This is to inform you about my resignation from the position of Project Manager from Zootoxin Corporation. My last working day of office will be 31st July ’2010. I will be completing the notice period for the same. I have mentioned all my leave dates to the Human Resources department and would be taking your leave very soon.
I would also like to than you for all your support and co-ordination for all these years. I cherish all the time I spent in this company. I would not have reached to this level of appreciation without your support.
I will be sending my new contact numbers to you once I receive them and will also mail you my new quarters address once I shift to my new residence. My personal e-mail address remains the same.