Always remember that a get well letter should be such that it shows genuine concern for the person who is unwell but refrain from being sympathetic. It should aim at bringing some cheer into the life of the ailing and yet not be frivolous in tone. You could mention some good times you spent together or even show expectation for doing something pleasurable with the person once he or she recovers.
Here are some helpful tips to write a get well letter
- The letter should not be excessively lengthy and yet convey your concern and feelings eloquently
- The language should be positive and cheerful
- The recipient should not feel that you are pitying him or her
- A get well letter is usually not a formal letter hence you can be a little relaxed and casual in the tone.
- Always make sure to offer some form of help
- However, being casual does not allow for punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors. Hence check the letter thoroughly for these.
Get Well Letter Sample
Date: ________(Date on which the letter is written)
Subject: Get well letter to friend
I came to know through our common friends that you are ailing from typhoid. I understand that this is a serious illness and you should take proper care of yourself. Knowing that you are a knowledgeable person, I am sure that you have taken proper medical advice and are taking the medications as prescribed.
I do remember the get together we had with our friends last month and remember enjoying your jokes and repartee. I look forward to another such pleasant evening once you have recovered from your illness. I do hope that you get well soon so that we can get together once again.
Do let me know if I can be of any help.
I will look forward to your speedy recovery.
Name and signature