A get well letter is meant to bring happiness into the otherwise dull life of an ailing person. If written well a get well letter can actually make the patient feel better mentally and emotionally. Above all the person feels that there is someone out there who actually cares for him or her. However, make sure that you give due importance to the condition of the person without appearing to be pitying in your tone.
Here are some tips to write a get well letter
- Do not appear to look down upon the person and instead aim at elevating his or her spirits.
- Show your genuine concern without showing pity.
- Try to be cheerful while avoiding a frivolous tone.
- You can include some advice for the ailing person if you consider it fit
- If you are writing to a friend or a colleague of equal rank you can be a little casual in your tone.
- Check for grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.
Write a Get Well Message to a Teacher Suffering From Illness Sample
Date: __________(Date on which the letter is written)
Subject: Get well letter to boss
I came to know from one of our colleagues that you are back home from hospital and in better shape now. We all know that jaundice is a serious illness and you should really be careful in its treatment. Please follow the doctor’s advice to the letter and do look after yourself. We at the office really miss your guidance and leadership. We look forward to seeing you at your desk once again at the helm of the ship where you should be.
Hope that you get well soon.
Name and signature