A holiday invitation letter is written to invite a person/people over to spend their holiday with you. The venue could be your residence or you can plan to meet at a different destination. This is usually written between close friends or relatives whose families are also familiar with each other. The plan for such a holiday is made well in advance to cater for different commitments of these families.
Here are some useful tips for writing a holiday invitation letter:
- Begin by asking your friend to keep himself free between specific dates and invite him over for a holiday with his family. Specify the location.
- Mention that this will be a good chance to catch up on old times apart from rest and recuperation.
- Make a mention if you have invited other common friends as well.
- Give a brief on the activities planned during the holiday for elders and other family members.
- End by saying that you are waiting eagerly for an affirmation and convey regards to his family.
Holiday Invitation Letter Sample
Date: _____ (Date on Which Letter is Written)
I hope this letter finds you in the best of health and cheers. Please keep yourself free for ten days between 10June to 21June2013 since I wanted to invite you along with your family for a holiday at our tea-garden during the summer vacations.
I thought it would be nice to have you all over since it has been two years since we got together. We can utilize this time to rest, recoup and catch up on old times.
I extended the same invite to Jack and Megan as well and they have agreed to meet up. While we old boys catch up on college times and ladies exchange their notes, the children can enjoy treks and rafting for which I have already done the necessary tie-ups.
Please try your best to make this trip and confirm your move-plans. I am eagerly looking forward to meeting you and your family. Convey my regards to your wife and kids.