Recognition is not a need but a necessity for each one of us. Being recognized and acknowledged of our presence is something that each one of us lives for. Being treated indifferently is worse than being hated.
An organization is recognized not only by its work and employees but also how it keeps its employees satisfied. Employee recognition is a very important and crucial role that an organization needs to play. It is of equal importance that the HR department of the organization keeps a regular tab on the performance of each of its employees so that they may be recognized as soon as they help the organization reach a different level.
An Employee Recognition Letter is the one that is given to an individual in acknowledgement of her/his efforts or initiatives with the intention of the growth of the organization.
DOS AND DON’T’S OF EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION LETTER
- An Employee Recognition Letter should be given to an employee as soon as her/his effort or initiative needs to be recognized
- It is purely an official letter so the language should be formal
- The letter should be to the point and should only reflect the action of the employee that is being recognized
- No other grudges should be talked about in the Employee Recognition Letter or else the importance of the letter gets lost
- If the recognition is combined with some monetary or non monetary benefits then that too should be put in the letter
- One should make sure that there are no grammatical or punctuation errors in the letter
- Since it is an official letter it should always be typed
- If the letter is personally handed over to the concerned employee in front of a gathering of her/his colleagues, it works as a “magic wand”
- The language of the letter should be inspiring for the concerned employee as well as all the other employees in the organization
SAMPLE EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION LETTER
___________________ (Name and address of the employee)
Dear Ms/Mr _____________
Your untiring efforts to continually work towards the growth of the organization are commendable. We really appreciate the dedication with which you achieve goals assigned to you and work for them along with all your team members. It has also been noticed that you devote a lot of your personal time to complete the work given.
As a token of our appreciation and recognition of your efforts please find enclosed a cheque for Rs._________(amount) as a one time reward.
We hope the others derive their inspiration from you and we hope to see many such laurels coming your way.
We cannot thank you enough for all this.
(Name of signing authority)