A reconsideration letter is written to think on any matter for the second time. Reconsideration letter is written to someone to think on his decisions once more. These letters are written when any request or application is rejected and one wants them to be considered again. The letter should carry points that are strong enough to oppose the decisions that were made earlier. It should be kept in mind that these letters are written only in case when the rejection letter is received. The tone of these letters should be humble and requesting. Dictatorial tone should not be used. This letter should be a requesting letter. Do not make the letter unnecessarily long. Keep it to the point. The letter should clearly mention the reason to reconsider any request. The letter should be having an effective language.
Tips For Writing An Effective Reconsideration Letter.
- There should be no scope for grammatical errors.
- These letters must be written after receiving the rejection letter.
- The tone of the letter should be humble and requesting.
- The letter should be formal.
- The language of the letter should be effective and simple.
- The reasons for reconsidering the request should be mentioned clearly.
- The letter should be to the point.
Reconsideration Letter Sample
House no 78
Sept 17, 2013
Subject: In reference with my application for admission in your institute
Dear Sir or Madam,
This is in reference with your letter dated 15thSept to inform me that my request for admission in your institute has been rejected due to the below reason:
- Late admission.
- Percentage problem.
I humbly request you to reconsider my request for admission. With due request I want to state that I have some points to support my application:
- My father had a midterm transfer so I had to shift with my family in the mid of my course.
- I have the desired percentage in first semester.
I would therefore humbly request you to reconsider y application on behave of the reasons i provided. I will however respect your decision.
I am looking forward for a positive reply