This kind of letter is written in order to recommend to the head of a company or agency for recommending a friend who is in need of a job. These are mainly done in the cases when the person recommending, is greatly involved with company. The letter is directly addressed to the managing director or the head of the company in order to request for the job. The letter must include all the past experiences and qualifications of the person clearly.
Some of the basic rules for writing a reference letter for a friend:
1. The letter must be written in a formal language with a proper accent of request and showing due respect.
2. The letter must be included with the required details of the past job experiences and the qualification.
3. The letter, after finishing must be checked for any kind of mistakes.
4. The letter must be addressed to the right person so as to get the good results.
5. The letter must be finished with proper thanks giving and showing due respect to the receiver.
Reference Letter for a Friend Sample
Date: ________ (date of writing the letter)
Subject: reference letter for a friend
I’d take the pleasure to recommend my friend, ABC, for the post of XYZ in your company. Previously he had been working in the PQR Company. But now he is searching for a new job with a greater salary. I assure you that he is extremely hardworking and attentive in his work. He has completed his studies from MNO and completed the MBA from the LMN.
He even has expertise in his job field. And hence, with great working skills and leadership qualities, he represented his department in the previous job sector where he was. I’m sure you’ll get fully convinced by his working skills. That’s why I’m eagerly recommending him for the job in your company with a hope to receive an approval from your side.
Name and signature