Teacher reference letters are generally written to recommend a deserving candidate to the post of a teacher in an educational institute to help him lay the foundation of his career as a teacher. And the person taking the responsibility to do this task needs to be very precise while doing it as someone`s career and future depends on it.
The few things one should remember while recommending someone for a post of teacher are as follow-
- A formal attitude should be maintained throughout the letter.
- The details of the characteristics and achievements of the person being referred should be mentioned.
- Only positive aspects should be included as this will depict how deserving the candidate is.
- Praising is a must, but exaggeration should not be done.
- The letter should be revised and rechecked to look out carefully for errors.
Teacher Reference Letter Sample
Date: ________ (date of writing the letter)
Sub: Recommending a deserving candidate for the post of a teacher in your deemed university
I am writing this regarding one of my students, Mr. ABC approaching you with the highest hopes of establishing his career as a teacher making your deemed institute as the starting steps.
He has been the academic superstar of our institute throughout. He has shown a sound social and moral behavior. He has excelled in the nationally and internationally organized seminars. He has shown remarkable teaching skills in the workshops held by our college, where he dealt with students on the personal basis. Being his teacher for almost 8 years I can assure you this much that he loves and worships this profession and will keep no stone unturned to prove his worth to you. I hope your kind consideration in this regard.
Thank you for co-operation,
Name and signature