Letters of sympathy for loss of father are the most difficult to write. People who are shocked and saddened by the death of the individual write these letters to the people of the deceased family who are grief-stricken and feel that life is not worth living. Letters of sympathy in these cases are imperative if you have a personal or business relationship with the deceased’s family. It is not easy for them to overlook or ignore something as all-important as the death of a loved one especially one’s father.
Some important tips to write the letter
- The letter should be brief
- One should not be dramatic while writing the letter. That means he should not use any kind of dramatic language that will prove he is insincere. Instead it should be written with beautiful prose.
- The letter should provide some kind of encouragement to the deceased family.
- The sender must provide an assurance in the letter that he is ready to help the deceased family in any kind of situation.
- The sender should write about the positive memories that he had spent with the person which can provide some kind of encouragement to the deceased family.
- In the end the sender must express his feelings of comfort, sympathy and affection. The concluding words must reflect the truthfulness of his feelings.
Sympathy Letter for Loss of Father Sample
Date: _____ (Date on Which Letter is Written)
Subject: Letter of sympathy for the loss of father
I was deeply saddened to hear of your father’s passing. He was a fine man and had a significant influence for good in others’ lives. He was an important part of my life and I feel his loss deeply. I will really miss him a great deal.
Please make sure that I am here to help you however I can. Don’t hesitate to call me if you need my help with the funeral or estate matters.
Name and Signature