A wedding congratulations letter is written to convey your best wishes to an individual on his/her marriage or wedding in his/her family. The letter can be used to congratulate the individual after the event is complete since you could not be present during the occasion personally or in anticipation of the same after receipt of an invite to attend the wedding.
Here are some useful tips to write a wedding congratulations letter:
- Start the letter by thanking the person for the marriage invitation.
- Mention that you are writing this letter to convey your congratulations for the individual’s marriage. Mention the name of the recipient’s spouse and their date of marriage.
- Wish the couple a happy married life.
- If you have missed the occasion due to other pressing commitments, mention them in short if possible.
- Promise to meet the couple personally to hand over your token of love and end the letter by wishing the couple the very best for a happy married life.
wedding congratulation letter Sample
_____________ ( your address)
_____________ ( address of the person the letter is addressed to)
Date: _________________ ( Date of which letter is written)
I received the invite for your wedding through e-mail during my leave period and thank you for the same. It is with great pleasure that I am writing this letter to convey my heartfelt congratulations to you on your marriage to Ms. Susan on 21September2013. May you have a wonderful married life and remain soul-mates forever.
Although I tried my best to attend the wedding since you are one of my oldest teammates, I could not make it due to certain urgent family requirements.
I missed the occasion, but my good wishes will always be with you. I will call on you with my wife to give our token of love and blessings after your return from your romantic honeymoon trip.
Here is wishing you once again the very best for a happy married life. God bless.
With warm regards,