Sample Cover letter for Payroll Supervisor
Why is it important to write good cover letter? Basically it creates good impression in the mind of reader and can help in marking yourself different from other candidates. There is lot of competition for Payroll Supervisor and to strive in such competition you need to start with good cover letter.
(Write your name and address)
2302 Cambridge Place
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Regions Financial Corp.
430 Hood Avenue
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
As mentioned in your recent Advertisement in JobFox.com , I am interested in the Payroll Supervisor at Baltimore . I have enclosed my resume along with this cover letter for your consideration. My resume also lists the professional experience and qualifications.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Supervise one other member of Payroll, check all starters, adjustments both temporary and permanent, SMP, SSP and all calculations before transferring details to Pay Bureau.
- Calculate manual payments using both NI/Tax tables and online calculators.
- Liaise with staff, managers and Pay Bureau deal with overpayments
- Deal with all Pension queries from both Employees and Pension Agency providing Pension Agency with retirement figures and staff with Estimates of Retirement Benefits and membership history.
- Reorganised Office procedures for a more efficient running of department
- Organise collection and delivery of 750 plus Pay cards to Bureau and order Pension stationary.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
Please find my resume enclosed. I have all the original documents and experience certificate for the verification. I will contact you in next few days to discuss the employment opportunities and see if interview can be arranged. Thank you for your kind consideration in this regard.