Sample Cover letter for Purchasing Manager
Good cover letter can make your career whereas bad cover letter can spoil it. Take care of the details that you mention in your letter for Purchasing Manager as if they are not accurate then it might create problems in interview.
(Write your name and address)
2601 Carriage Court
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
2736 Romano Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
Since long time I was waiting for such opportunity to work with Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. in Carlsbad for Purchasing Manager . I got to know about the vacancy while browsing Monster.com and I am looking forward to work with this company which has reputed name in market.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Evaluating new and updated products for suitability to our market and customer base
- Within agreed parameters of price and quality, to investigate and analyse potential suppliers and products
- Working with manufacturers and suppliers to recommend and secure approval for modifications where deemed appropriate
- Working with the objective of continuous improvement
- Co-ordinating and evaluating procurement strategies and practices:
- Developing, agreeing and implementing purchasing schemes that work towards streamlining and efficiency
- Creating, managing and updating stock databases, delegating imputing where possible
- Supporting the sales and marketing managers by collating information and preparing data and reports
- Planning and managing stocktaking at the end of each financial year.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I have heard a lot about company’s excellence towards work and I am expecting to reach towards with my ability of working. Lend me this opportunity and I won’t let you down. Kindly respond the date and timing of the meeting.