Sample Cover letter for Transportation Management
While applying for Transportation Management you might have to face lot of competition and to stay in competition your first step would be preparing striking cover letter. Your cover letter should have ability of hitting the dart to the point.
(Write your name and address)
3087 Kildeer Drive
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Community Health Systems Inc.
1511 Nash Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I am pleased to forward my resume to you for the position of Transportation Management in reply to your classified ad in JobFox.com . I am sure that my broad-based knowledge and dedicated attitude make me a competent candidate for the position.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Managed complete order fulfillment process
- Managed transportation spend (approximately $5 mil annually) for all outbound product as well as most vendor supplies and Trade Show events.
- Managed Private Fleet of nine trucks (team drivers) delivering to all 48 states and Canada traveling 1.8 million miles and delivering over 25 million pounds of time sensitive printed material per year.
- Managed Canadian Border crossings and Customs Clearance as well as Customs Clearance for other International points.
- Managed 13 warehouse employees and team of 21 Over the Road Drivers meeting all DOT requirements.
- Developed and managed annual budget for Shipping and Trucking Operations.
- Negotiated pricing from all transportation providers.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
It’s a request to schedule the meeting so that you can personally meet me and make out my capability of gaining the post. Apart from this my experience and amount of knowledge will speak out in my work. Kindly reply soon.