A staff notice is issued to exchange information with staff members companies or organizations are not wasting a lot of time or money to contact every member of their staff individually.
When issuing staff notices management need to ensure that the notice is in a formal language to convey the desired information to staff members who will be attending the staff meeting. It should also contain certain elements which will give it an impression of being valid. Senders of a staff notice are not required to contact every individual because the notification can conveniently be posted in public areas of the organization where it will be observed.
The staff notice is a method of making an announcement which could be coming from various departments of the organization and providing information about any changes that are anticipated which could have an effect on the employees. The staff notice may be designated for a few employees or the staff of the entire organization and therefore the management is compelled to ensure it is addressed appropriately to the consent department and is understood without difficulties.
Companies may decide to issue staff notices for various reasons which could even be related to the welfare of the staff and certain announcements.
Table of Contents
Points to consider while drafting Staff Notice
- Staff notices which concern a specific individual or a group of employees should be kept away from public places because they need to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the staff.
- If the staff notice is being issued to incorporate fresh rules or regulations it must have some legal basis to make it mandatory for all members of the staff.
- The staff notice must be created in a manner which will be understood by all.
The staff notice must make it clear to members of the staff that they should be conducting themselves appropriately when they are on the premises of the company. Therefore, the company must ensure that the notice is formatted in line with standard practices which are acceptable.
Example of Staff Notice Issued by Public Schools
[From Name of The Public School Issuing The Notice],
[Health Notice For Staff of the School]
[How to Avoid Common Viruses At School]
The back to school season while creating plenty of excitement among students and the teachers also coincides with an increase in the number of viruses which can cause problems such as fever, diarrhoea, vomiting, and breathing. The viruses can also include nano-viruses, enterovirus, and influenza.
The staff members of the school are advised to follow the actions mentioned below to prevent the viruses from spreading among students.
• They should wash their hands frequently with soap and water after arriving at the school, after using the bathroom, before coming into contact or having food and even after coughing or sneezing.
Staff should ensure that the availability of soap and hand towels are not in short supply by contacting the housekeeping department. They are also required to understand that the use of alcohol-based sanitizer is ineffective against viruses and therefore should always use soap and water.
• The staff is advised to remain at home and not report to work if they are feeling unwell. Children who are affected by fever, diarrhoea or vomiting are also provided a similar advice until they have overcome the symptoms or received advice from their doctor that it is safe for them to attend school.
• Staff members and students are advised to get vaccinated against the flu.
The management of the school can also provide information about websites or decide to attach pamphlets which provide directions to the staff to implement the actions suggested and also teach the students of the school to implement the same.
Example of Staff Notice 2
[From Name of the Organization Issuing The Notice]
[Name Name of the Individual Issuing the Notice Along with Designation]
[Notice of Promotion Of Mr. [Name] As HR Manager Of the Organization]
This letter is to inform all concerned that Mr. [name] who was earlier functioning as a senior supervisor of the HR department is being promoted to the position of HR manager of the organization. Mr. [name] will assume his responsibilities as HR manager on [date].
Mr. [name] has had a long tenure with this organization and we believe he will utilize his vast experience to encourage staff members to provide their best for the organization.
We wish to congratulate Mr. [name] for making a significant contribution to the organization and rising up to the position of HR manager through his efforts and interactions with all members of the staff.
Example of Staff Notice 3
[From The Management of [Name of the Organization],
[Subject: Staff Notice To Introduce New Appointments In the Management]
To Whomsoever It May Concern
This is to inform all staff members of the organization of the following appointments which have been made and are related to the following departments:
• Miss [name] has been appointed as a senior accountant in the accounts department and will assume responsibilities from [date].
• Mrs. [name] will take charge of the department for healthcare and assumed responsibilities from [date].
• Mr. [name] is assuming charge of the security department from [date].
The individuals mentioned above intend to introduce certain changes which they feel will be appropriate in helping the organization to move in a better direction. Staff members from all departments are invited to attend a meeting on [date] at [time] to welcome the new staff members to the organization as well as to hear about the changes which they have proposed.
Staff notices can also be issued by the management to employees who may be in need of counselling, healthcare, and other issues by arranging for these services to be provided on the premises of the company. It would be easier for the management to publish a staff notice to provide information that the services have been arranged for and any staff members needing assistance may approach the coordinators of the services on the date specified.