When someone is ill they require all the cheering up that they can get and a get well written well can actually perform this task quite efficiently. While writing a get well letter be careful not to show feelings of pity for the ailing person. If it is a friend or colleague of equal rank you can talk about the good times you have had together and express the wish that he or she gets well soon so that you can repeat the experience. Apart from this you can also include some pertinent advice.
Here are some tips to write a get well letter
- Do not be patronizing in your tone or words just because the recipient is ill.
- Be as cheerful as you can be without seeming frivolous.
- Show your genuine concern in few well chosen words without going on and on about a single topic.
- If you are writing to a friend or a colleague of equal rank you can afford to be slightly casual in your tone
- Check for grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.
Get Well Letter to a Friend or Relative Sample
Date: ________(Date on which the letter is written)
Subject: Get well letter to colleague
We all are missing you in office ever since you went on sick leave because of the attack of typhoid. However, typhoid is a serious illness and you should take good care of yourself. One of our colleagues told me that you were hospitalized for two days and it is good to know that you are back home again. However, do take special care of yourself and follow the doctor’s advice to the letter. We look forward to having the office back to its jovial form that it is when you are there.
Hope you get well soon.
Name and signature