A get well letter is meant to cheer up the ailing person as well show your genuine concern for his or her well fare. However, do remember that being cheerful does not mean being frivolous. You could suggest that you wish to spend some good time with him or her, when he or she recovers and that you miss the ailing person.
Here are some helpful tips to write a get well letter
- The letter should be concise and short and yet be able to convey your concern and feelings properly.
- You should use a positive and cheerful language.
- You should not appear pitying the ailing person or showing that he or she is helpless.
- You need not be formal in your tone which can be relaxed and casual because a get well letter is not a formal letter even if you are writing to a colleague or boss.
- You should also be ready to offer help in some form
- Be sure to check for grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors which are not permissible even if it is a comparatively casual letter.
Get Well Letter Sample
Date: __________(Date on which the letter is written)
Subject: Get well letter to teacher
I came to know from one of my classmates that you are hospitalized with jaundice. This happens to be a serious illness and it is good that you have reliable medical help at the hospital. Please take the medical advice and follow it to the letter and take care of yourself.
We all miss you in class because the lady acting as your substitute is good but not up to your mark. I look forward to attending your lectures again once you are well again. I sincerely hope that you get well soon so that our class can enjoy your lectures once again.
Please let me know if you require any assistance.
I will look forward to your speedy recovery.
Name and signature