A gift letter should generally be sent accompanying a gift, because a mere gift can appear to be materialistic and will lack the personal touch. On the other hand a letter accompanying the gift will add a personal touch to it. It is considered impolite to send a gift without a card or letter accompanying it and while a card can also do the job, a letter will show that you actually wish to take pains in conveying your best wishes to the recipient.
Here are some tips to write a gift letter
- If it is a personal gift you can be casual in your tone, but with an official gift an official tone is required.
- Do not make a big fuss about the fact that you are sending a gift especially if you don’t expect one in return
- Convey your true feelings and thoughts in a concise manner and be economical in the use of words.
- You can express your appreciation and gratitude for all that you have received from the recipient.
- Check for grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes.
Christmas Gift Letter Sample
Date: _________(Date on which the letter is written)
Subject: Letter accompanying official gift
Please accept this gift as a token of my gratitude for the good business relationships that your esteemed organization has shared with mine. You have been a source of not just profits but also inspiration to us and have proven to push us to put our best foot forward every time. On the anniversary of the establishment of your business I wish you all the success that I know you are capable of getting. I always look forward to doing business with you.
With best wishes,
Name and signature