Friends are as important to us as our family. In fact sometimes friends become closer than some family members. That is why Brandi Snyder has said, “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world”. In fact friends always accept you the way you are and not for what you are. It is a very strong bond between two or more people and ends up in inseparable relationships.
A Friendship Letter is the one that is either written to make a new friend or to write to an existing one. Since it is always an informal letter, it should always be hand written to give it that personal touch. The tone of the letter should be warm and caring. Adjectives that indicate love, care, happiness and warmth should be used in Friendship Letters. The letter need not have the full name and address of the recipient as it will be written using the friend’s first name only. The letter should reflect life and enthusiasmwhile it is being written so that the “feel good factor” comes into play.
DOS AND DON’T’S OF FRIENDSHIP LETTER
- A Friendship Letter can either be written to a new friend or an existing one
- It should be addressed directly to the person to whom it is being written
- Since it is purely an informal letter one can play about with fonts and colors in the letter
- A hand written Friendship Letter is always a better option for that personal touch
- The tone of the letter should show love and care
- Careful use of adjectives such as reassuring, loyal, trustworthy should be used in a Friendship Letter
- A Friendship Letter may just be written to kind of talk to a friend through the letter and to check if s/he is doing fine or to share a few happenings in life
SAMPLE FRIENDSHIP LETTER
Dear ____________ (first name of recipient)
I hope this letter finds all of you in the best of health and spirits. All of us are also doing fine here. It has been a very long time since we met or wrote to each other. So I thought of penning down a few lines to check things with you.
We just got back from our vacation to Thailand and had a great time. We went to Phuket and Bangkok. Amazing must see places. If you happen to ever plan a holiday to that side of the world do let me know and I shall give you tips on sight seeing, shopping, etc.
I want to share something that is disturbing me these days.Mom has not been keeping good health and I am really worried for her. Sometimes I see bad dreams about mom and they wake me up in the middle of the night. I am sure you know what bad dreams I am talking about. Please don’t share this with anybody and I know I can trust you on this.
Anyways you say what is up with you and how is work? I can see that it is keeping you really busy, as I haven’t heard from you at all.
Give my love to your mom and dad and loads of love to you too.
Stay in touch and do write!
(Name of the writer)