Thank you cover letter is the first mode of communication between the interviewer and the candidate. Through this letter, candidate can express his thankfulness for the interview time and appreciate the effort of the interviewer for the same. Cover letter can be written either before the interview, after the interview or after joining the organization. It adds a personal touch with the employer and he also feels appreciated.
Few tips to be considered for writing an effective thank you cover letter:
- First and foremost it is vital to express your genuine gratitude towards the interviewer.
- Your wording should express your feelings of appreciation towards the interviewer for devoting his time and energy for the interview.
- You need to assure him that you fit well as per the requirements.
- Your letter should have a formal tone, but the impact should be personal.
- Once you are through writing the letter, please recheck the same for spelling mistakes or punctuation errors.
Thank You Cover Letter after Interview for Teacher’s Job Sample
Date (Date on which letter is written)
Sub: Expressing gratitude for the interview
Dear Ms. Jacob,
I whole heartedly would like to sincerely thank you for interviewing me for the post of Senior Teacher in your School. It is a privilege for me to give interview in Dean International School. It is every teacher’s dream to get a job in your reputed school. I was very impressed by the decorum of the school.
It was a pleasure meeting you during the interview process and to get an insight on school academic curriculum. After having a word with you, my enthusiasm to work in your school has increased ten fold. I hold an experience of handling senior students also. I am thereby, attaching my documents for your reference.
I look forward to hear from you soon.
Ms. Emily Fernandez