Any official letter should be short, precise and clear. It has to include all the details related to the purpose of the letter. It need not contain all the details but basic information should be included.
Here are few tips to help you write the request letter for transfer to another location or request letter for transfer to another branch for personal reasons. You can also use the sample and email format provides below.
Table of Contents
Transfer Letter Writing Tips:
- As this letter is usually an internal official letter, it can be in a memo format.
- The date of issue of this transfer letter should be clearly mentioned.
- Details like date of joining, benefits and perks associated with the transfer should be mentioned in the letter.
- It is better to first communicate the information verbally and later had over the official transfer letter.
- Though it is an internal letter, care should be taken to avoid grammatical and punctuation errors.
- A transfer letter should also mention the reason why the concerned person is being transferred.
Transfer Letter Template
_____________ ( your address)
_____________ ( address of the person the letter is addressed to)
Date: _________________ ( Date of which letter is written)
Dear Mr/Ms_________________ (name of the employee),
It is our pleasure to inform you that you have been transferred to our ……………… (name of place) branch based on your performance. The company has been assessing your progress and you have been a valuable asset to the company. With your consistent efforts you have been instrumental in the increase of sales of the company.
You will be joining our …………….(name of place) branch on_________ (date of joining). You will be given 15 days break to join the company. You can contact the HR department to know details about your salary increase.
Wish you all the best!
______________ (name of the signing authority)
________________ (designation of signing authority)
Transfer Letter Sample, Email and Example/Format
Dear Mr. Saxena,
You have been a valuable employee to our organization since your date of joining on 23rd July 2010. You have always helped the company to increase the sales and your motivational skills have helped the new employees to perform well.
You may be aware of the fact that our Delhi branch in-charge is due for retirement on 30the September, 2013. Based on the performance at the current Mumbai branch, the management has decided to give you a transfer to our Delhi branch with effect from 1st October.
We understand that you will need time to settle in Delhi. Therefore the company has decided to give you a break of 15 days with immediate effect.
The company has decided to increase your salary because of the transfer. The details are mentioned in the attached sheet. If you have any doubts or queries related to your salary break up, you can contact our HR department. They will provide you all the details.
We hope you will contribute in the similar manner as you have doing since you joined the company. The company has high expectations from you and hope that the Delhi branch will benefit in your tenure.
We wish you all the best in all your endeavours.
Vice President, marketing
A Transfer Letter is the one that is given to an employee when s/he is being transferred to another branch or another department of the same organization. The reasons why this is primarily given to an employee are:
- To complete paper formalities of an organization
- To put it on record of the individual’s file that s/he has been transferred from one branch/department to the other
- To ensure that the individual who has been transferred her/his salary account also indicates the change
- To reduce head count of one department and add to the head count of the other one
A Transfer Letter is an official letter but the transfer could be on mutually agreed terms between the employee and organization or it could also be only the decision of the organization. Most organizations when they get the acknowledgement of the offer letter from the employee, they also put a clause saying that the employee should be open to the idea of being transferred to any branch or department of the organization whenever needed.
A Transfer Letter should be short and brief. Since it is an internal official letter it need not be very detailed. It should basically give the name of the individual being transferred, the department to/from where s/he is being transferred, the effective date of transfer and the name of the person who s/he will be reporting after the transfer.
DO’S AND DON’T’S OF TRANSFER LETTER
- Since a Transfer Letter is an internal official letter it need not be very detailed but should just have the basic information
- It can be in a Memo format also since it is an internal communication
- A Transfer Letter should clearly give the date when it has been issued
- It should also give the date when the employee joins the other branch or department
- If any perks or benefits come with the transfer then that too should reflect in the letter
- It is always better to first verbally inform the individual who is being transferred and the Transfer Letter to be handed over later
- Even though it is an internal letter make sure that there are no grammatical or punctuation errors
- This letter should preferably be given in advance so that the employee can make any arrangements if required
- A Transfer Letter should also give the reason why one particular individual is being transferred
- The support that the organization is due to give to the employee being transferred should also be mentioned in the letter
Name and address of person who is being transferred
Subject: Your transfer to our Mumbai branch
Dear Ms/Mr ___________
You have been an asset to the organization ever since you joined us on ________ (date of joining). Your efforts in helping increase sales or to motivate your team have always been commendable.
You may be aware that our Mumbai branch in-charge is due to leave the organization on _________ (date of leaving the organization). Based on your performance at our Delhi branch, the management has decided to transfer you to our Mumbai branch with effect from ____________ (date).
We acknowledge that you will need some time to settle in Mumbai. Therefore the company will give you a 15-day break for you to settle in.
As a result of the transfer your salary will be increased by __________(details of salary increase). You may contact the HR department for a detailed break-up of the salary component.
Please feel free to talk to us in case of any clarifications.
Wishing you all the best in all your future endeavors.
Name, signature and designation of signing authority
Transfer Letter Generator
Try our letter generator to write professional, concise and quality letters within seconds.