Sample Cover letter for IT Help Desk
Cover letter, do not ignore it! Understand the importance of this letter as this would be your entry level for interview purpose. Applying for IT Help Desk requires you to be attentive enough so that you can successfully gain the position.
(Write your name and address)
4469 Indiana Avenue
(Write Employer’s name and address)
3866 North Bend River Road
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
It was great to hear about the vacancy for IT Help Desk by JobCentral.com in the Rock-Tenn Co situated in Waipahu. I like accepting challenges and job profile mentioned by you is quiet challenging. I would love to prove myself by working to the best potential.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Providing 1st line IT technical support for Amex users, their merchants and associates globally while maintaining a high degree of customer service.
- Troubleshooting problems, taking ownership in ESM problem management system and allocating them to the relevant IT support team when necessary using a proactive approach when dealing with issues.
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be solved in-house ensuring SLA s are adhered to as well as internal security procedures where password resets are highly secure.
- Configuring and administering Lotus Notes databases and Domino servers.
- Supporting Windows platforms applications, desktop, Active Directories, PGP encryption, VPN and remote control access connections.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
Lastly I would like to add that my hard working ability would definitely work in the favor of your company, just need a chance to prove myself. Benevolently arrange the meeting as per your time convenience.