Sample Cover letter for GIS Specialist
Cover letter, do not ignore it! Understand the importance of this letter as this would be your entry level for interview purpose. Applying for GIS Specialist requires you to be attentive enough so that you can successfully gain the position.
(Write your name and address)
1812 Coolidge Street
(Write Employer’s name and address)
Marathon Oil Corporation
826 McDowell Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
With reference to your advertisement in the JobCentral.com , I would like to apply for the post of GIS Specialist position. I believe my interests and credentials are well suited to the requirements you are looking for.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Worked to ensure that the GIS data complied met with the Army data standards, Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) data structure.
- Converted the DPW´s as built CAD drawings into GIS data format and imported the data into the Installation´s SDE. Updated and maintained the existing GIS data (buildings, roads, vegetation, etc.) to match up with the current aerial imagery, CAD documentation, and per the Subject Matter Expert´s (SME) advice.
- Spatial analysis of the GIS data was conducted to help support the Fort Bliss Mission.
- Statistical extraction from digital GIS data or imagery, hydrologic modeling and spatial analysis was conducted.
- Ensure all GIS data creatted and maintained meets with the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) current standards.
- Assisted on special projects including but not limited to FEMA, Wildfire analysis, Geology, and Hydrography.
- Worked alongside the Range Liaison to help coordinate field crews for proper and safe access onto the installation area.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I sincerely look forward to put my skills and work experience with your organization. I will contact you in next few days for confirming the details of the interview. You can contact me for any clarifications if needed. I would like to thank you for your valuable time and consideration.