A thank you letter is the best way to express your feelings of gratitude towards someone. It makes the other person feel special. Thank you letter can be written for any occasion, whether it is a party invitation, a gift, for someone’s hospitality etc. Thank you letter should be written with pure feelings from the bottom of your heart.
Few tips are considered to be effective for writing a thank you letter:
- First and foremost your letter should clearly state the reason behind your gladness.
- It is vital to express your sincerest thanks to the person concerned.
- If you are expressing your thanks for a gift, do mention how you are going to utilize it and appreciate the other person’s thoughtfulness for the same.
- Be genuine in your writing as artificial words hold no meaning whatsoever.
- Once you are through writing the letter, please check the same for grammatical mistakes.
Thank You Letter Sample
Date (Date on which letter is written)
Sub: Sincere thanks for your hospitality
I would like to express my sincerest thanks to you and to your family for such a wonderful weekend spent with you. All the members of your family were very warm and hospitable towards me and I felt completely at home with all of you. Your mother is really a gem of a person. I truly enjoyed every moment of my stay at your place.
Once again, I would like to appreciate you for inviting me over for the weekend party. It would be a pleasure for me if you could take some time out and bring your family for dinner at my place sometime. We can discuss and fix a date soon.
Looking forward to see you,