A monthly agenda is a document that is prepared by companies when they decide to have their monthly or annual meetings. The monthly meeting agenda will depend on how it is going to be used and the kind of information mentioned on the agenda.
The primary purpose of creating a monthly agenda could be to determine the implementation of any decisions or plans. As meetings are held on a monthly basis, the companies prepare a monthly meeting agenda to intimate participants of the things they need to be prepared for.
Monthly meeting agendas are regular affairs with companies especially those that have been holding them for quite some time. The individuals assigned the responsibility of creating the monthly meeting agenda can begin with the task immediately after one meeting has concluded.
They need to understand that the time between months can pass by fast and therefore they need to be prepared for the next meeting at the end of the present one.
Meeting agendas of all types are written by the organizers to intimate participants of the things they need to be prepared for when they arrive at the meeting. The entire exercise is to ensure no time is wasted either by the organizers or the participants.
The monthly meeting agenda is written for the benefit of both the organizers and the participants. Organizers of companies have various things that they are responsible for and need to be reminded of specific issues that may have to be discussed at the monthly meeting.
The situation will be no different from participants who also need to be provided with the information to be prepared in advance.
The objective of the monthly meeting agenda is to keep participants from all sides prepared for the meeting by providing a comprehensive list of items that need to be discussed.
Points to consider while drafting Monthly Meeting Agendas
- The date when the meeting is scheduled must be mentioned.
- The individual creating the monthly meeting agenda must also mention his or her name on the document.
- The particular month that is a topic for the agenda needs to be specified.
- The purpose of the monthly meeting agenda must be provided especially when the matter relates to targeting higher sales, training of the employees or showcasing products or services.
- The items that need to be implemented every month and the ones that need to be relegated to the background must also be mentioned.
Discussions that were held during the previous meeting and need reconsideration may also be spoken about.
The monthly meeting agenda will make it easier for the company to keep track of things in a more straightforward way and within a smaller period. The writer of the agenda must remember these factors when he or she is writing the agenda for the meeting.
Example of Monthly Meeting Agenda 1
Chartwell Elementary School
Chartwell Parent Advisory Council
Monthly General Meeting Agenda
[Date: Date of the Meeting]
1) — Welcome by The Co-chairperson.
– meeting call to order.
– Approval of the minutes of the last meeting.
– Approval of the agenda for the meeting.
2) — questions and business arising from the minutes of the previous meeting.
– Multicultural night.
– Call for nominations – CPA C positions for 2018-2019.
3) — officers reports.
– Co-chairs report.
– Treasurers report.
– DPAC report.
– Principal’s report.
4) — committee reports
– hot lunch report.
5) — fresh business
6) — adjournment.
Example of Monthly Meeting Agenda 2
Monthly Meeting Agenda For Bakersfield Healthcare
[Facilitator: Name of the Individual]
1) — Rounding For Outcomes
– personal connection and relationship building.
– What is working well?
– Staff and physicians for recognition.
– Systems or processes which need attention.
– Tools and equipment for conducting daily activities and caring for patients.
2) — review of the performance by pillar [derived from the LEM report card and the 90-day plan].
– Recognition of what’s going well.
– Verification of evidence-based practices across the board.
– Resolution of barriers for achieving results.
– patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, customer satisfaction, goals, and results.
– Rounding on staff and internal customers – outcomes and follow-up.
– Review of key drivers and any questions on the survey.
– Review tactics for improvement [90-day plan]
– rounding outcomes for discussion and logs.
– Employee survey results and items for action.
– Turnover retention goals, results, and progress.
– Rounding on staff, trends, outcomes, and wins.
– Thank you notes.
– Employee evaluations.
– New hire 30-90 day conversations.
– Review tactics for improving the satisfaction of employees.
– Review turnover and exit interview forms.
Finance — goals of finance, progress, and results.
Quality — goals of quality, progress, and results.
Growth — goals of growth, progress, and results.
Community — goals of the community, progress, and results.
III. Review of LDI linkage grid [status of items slated for completion].
IV. Professional development
– what does the leader do well?
– Area and skills for development.
V. Confirmation of priorities.
A monthly meeting agenda is a tool that helps organizations to track the events that need to be prioritized every month. It gives the organization an indication of how they would perform in a certain month while also giving them information about the things they need to go in one way or the other to achieve success.
The monthly meeting agenda also help the company to keep records and understand the things they have been doing better over the last few months. It, therefore, provides them indications about whether the processes they are implementing are effective to be maintained or needs to be replaced with fresh strategies.